One of my clients in the South East is looking for an Interim DM Manager to join them in the next month or so for an initial contract of 6 months, with the likely potential for extension. The client can offer a great degree of flexibility to the right candidate, and as such the contract can be predominantly remote-based working. You will only need to be down at the office 2 days per month for committee-related work. The rate can be negotiable but is likely to be between £500-550 per day.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attending Members Briefings and Planning Committee (minimum one per month)
- Attending meeting with developers and other relevant meetings
- Overseeing and make recommendations on matters dealt with by the Team and “sign off” Officer Recommendations on applications
- Providing direction and guidance where appropriate on compliance matters
- Using experience of managing staff in a direct service function
It would be beneficial if you had previous Local Authority management experience, however, private sector experience would also be considered. It is also desired that you be MRTPI.
If you are interested in this role or in other Managerial roles within planning, then please don't hesitate to get in touch with James via email or on 0207 766 9075!