Associate Directors, Principal and/or Senior Town Planners'
Our diverse Town Planning Practice is recruiting experienced Associate Directors, Principal Consultants and/or Senior Consultant level Town Planners for our busy Environment and Sustainability business.
AECOM is a top ten UK Planning consultancy by size, employing around 70 Chartered or Licentiate Planners, practicing in all areas of the discipline. AECOM is also a worldwide leader in environmental and engineering consultancy and working as a planning consultant within AECOM means access to some of the most high profile and prestigious development projects in the UK, working with colleagues operating at the cutting edge of their disciplines as part of the largest UK environmental consultancy.
You will be able to work on a range of prestigious infrastructure projects for our clients in the energy, rail, road, water and waste management development sectors, as well as a range of regional / local developments. Experience in planning for infrastructure is not essential as support and training can be provided if you have a passion for the role.
You will be joining a great team; you will have an interesting and diverse workload and you will be given the opportunity to make the most of your abilities. AECOM’s Freedom to Grow policy offers flexibility in how, where and when you work. For the right candidate we would be happy to discuss the flexibility you would like in your career. We would consider those looking for part time working.
We are a large team so whether your passion is supporting others, managing applications, technical planning, people management or business development we can look to tailor a role to suit your skill set. We have more than one role available, including one specialising in rail if that is your area of interest.
As a national team, we are flexible in terms of base office location across our offices in York, Leeds, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Birmingham, Basingstoke, London, Bristol, Exeter and Plymouth.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be joining a market leading, experienced infrastructure team, with support available to grow into your role. Depending on the level of appointment, responsibilities will include:
- Supporting or management of applications for major infrastructure projects (Town and County Planning Act 1990 and Planning Act 2008).
- The management and successful delivery of planning applications and post-submission work.
- Collaborative working, managing programmes and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams.
- Contributing to or leading business development activities for major projects.
- Playing a role in the development of the Planning Practice Area
- Providing planning advice to colleagues and clients including the application of permitted development rights.
- Enthusiasm for delivering some of the UK’s largest infrastructure projects.
- Full Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) or an equivalent professional town planning organisation.
- Experience of promoting development under the Town & Country Planning Act 1990.
- Aptitude for technical and commercial project management for more senior posts
- Ability to work on own initiative and deliver high quality work to-programme and within budget.
- Experience of identifying, evaluating and managing planning risk or contributing to this for more junior posts.
- Client focused with good interpersonal skills and collaborative working approach.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working in the private sector
- Experience working on large and/ or complex projects
- Development Consent Order regime under the Planning Act 2008 and/ or the Transport and Works Act 1992 consenting regime experience would be particularly desirable.
- Understanding of Environmental Impact Assessment.
At an Associate Director level, the applicant would be expected to take a leading role in managing projects, people and/or business development activities.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV along with a Covering Letter by clicking on the Apply button below.