Our client is an award-winning multidisciplinary design practice which is currently recruiting for a Planning Consultant to work in their Leicester studio, reporting to their Planning Director.
The successful candidate is required to:
• Successful candidates are required to…
• be a chartered member of the RTPI (or eligible for membership)
• have an excellent knowledge of the English planning system
• prepare, submit and manage planning applications, appeals and local plan representations
• liaise with clients, third parties and planning authorities on all relevant matters
• present proposals at public meetings and community consultation events
• carry out desktop research to support projects, reports and appraisals
• attend meetings and undertake site visits as required
• build and maintain client relationships
• win new business and help grow the department
• assist with the resourcing of the planning team
• comply with the company’s quality assurance procedures and vision
• perform any other relevant activities as required by the company
• have good presentation and communication skills
• have the initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
• have the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes; ( InDesign would be an advantage)
• have a full UK driving licence
Why join their team?
• competitive salary
• pension scheme
• healthcare scheme
• perkbox discount account
• smart go travel scheme
• regular social events
• training and development
• promotion/progression routes
• mentoring system in place
• CPD’s and external training
• extra day’s holiday for every 3 years’ service
• as much responsibility as you are prepared for!
This is a great opportunity to work alongside the Planning Director and to play a considerable role in the growth and development of the planning service. The company offers a great salary and a fantastic benefits package, including the ability to work remotely for part of the week.
Contact Shaun Lewis on email@example.com or 07789 371470 for more information.