Town Planning Officer | 3 Month Contract
My client is a London based Local Authority, who is currently seeking applications from talented and ambitious Town Planning Officers! They are currently offering this opportunity on a 3-month contract!
The Council is the Local Planning Authority (LPA) for a London Borough. This post, within the planning division, reflects the need for a professional (qualified) person with skills appropriate to the discharge of this statutory function.
The postholder will operate within one of the three service teams within' the division, working to fulfill the Councils obligations as a local planning authority. Participation on regeneration, communications, consultation and projects relating to the delivery of high-quality sustainable development may also form some part of the role.
All postholders will be expected to contribute to the enhancement and improvement of the quality of the service and its outputs and to maintain their professional competence in town planning! Main Duties
- Accompanied and unaccompanied site visits and meetings within and outside of office pursuant to the development of reports and recommendations.
- Negotiations with developers to achieve satisfactory proposals within the context of national, strategic and local policies, standards and guidelines, within statutory time constraints.
- Provision of professional recommendations and advice on complex planning issues relating to major planning applications and regeneration projects as required.
- Liaison with other Sections within Planning Services, other Divisions within Regeneration and Planning, other Council Departments, and Government Departments in support of delivery of a high quality planning service.
- Liaison with elected Members, members of the public, Resident's Associations and other interested parties, in connection with relevant planning proposals, including responding to relevant correspondence.
- Represent, as required, the Development Management or Policy Section at meetings with other Sections, Divisions and Council Departments, government departments, statutory bodies, developers, community and other groups, the general public and at Planning Committee.
- Participating in the delivery of the Divisions service improvement plan to ensure that the planning function meets local and national targets and indicators.
- Preparation of high quality written reports on planning and related applications with a recommendation for consideration under Delegated Powers, or by the Planning Committee.
- Liaison with Planning Solicitors on enforcement and related matters and assist in the preparation and negotiation of legal agreements where appropriate.
- Planning Degree or equivalent qualification / experience accredited by the RTPI or equivalent body.
- Experience in planning policy, planning enforcement or development management.
- Knowledge of current Town and Country planning, practice, procedures and legislation, in one or more areas; within planning, enforcement, policy or development control.
- Ability to organize workload, to establish priorities for action, and to carry out the necessary work to a high quality within given deadlines.
- Ability to examine and assess information, and to present a balanced analysis of competing issues, including the making of recommendations to senior officers or the planning committee.
For the ideal candidate my client is happy to offer a competitive hourly rate, an impressive benefits package as well as a flexible home working arrangement! For applications, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01792 365 104.