Senior or Associate Planner | Cambridge
An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a Senior or Associate level Planner to join the UK's leading independent and integrated Planning and Design consultancy!
My clients established and busy Cambridge Planning team is looking to further expand its Planning services in the Eastern Region and has an exciting opportunity for a talented, commercially minded, and dynamic Senior Planner with strategic planning experience to join their fast paced and successful team.
The team use their local knowledge and national influence to plan and deliver projects of all types and scales, including exciting regeneration and place making opportunities. The team provides invaluable assistance to their clients, and in return enjoy outstanding professional development and career opportunities.
The successful candidate with have both excellent technical Planning skills and the capability and desire to help further grow the business. The candidate will be expected to play a key role in delivering planning solutions on a broad range of strategic projects, assisting the senior team in developing both new and existing client relationships.
The successful candidate will join this supportive team environment to work on a diverse range of projects in the residential, commercial, energy and infrastructure sectors, of various types and scales, including exciting regeneration, urban renewal and place making opportunities and will enjoy outstanding professional development and career opportunities from the UK's leading Practice. Duties of the role
- Promoting strategic residential, commercial, energy and infrastructure developments (both Brownfield and Greenfield) and coordinating professional teams in the preparation and submission of major planning applications.
- Preparing and Submitting representations to Local Plans.
- Co-ordination of project teams and project management.
- Conducting research and site appraisals on projects for client base.
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications.
- Preparation of planning and economic statements.
- Assisting in preparing thought leadership pieces and presentations to develop new and existing client relationships.
- Further raising the team's profile and Business Development across the region.
- Are MRTPI qualified (preferable).
- Have strong planning experience, particularly working on strategic residential developments, preferably in consultancy.
- Ability to quickly appraise site constraints and identify risks/solutions to development projects.
- Have an interest and track record (Associate level) in business development and networking opportunities.
- Are committed and have an eye for detail.
- An ability to apply NPPF criteria of Sustainable Development in absence of Local Plan.
- Knowledge of Planning in East of England/East of England Planning policies (preferable).
- Used to working with minimal supervision and have a strong ability to use their own initiative.
- Are personable and have a strong team ethos.
- Have excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Are capable of managing a wide and complex workload.
- Have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and impressive benefits package! You will be welcomed into a creative working environment that offers flexibility, adopting a hybrid approach to agile working and offer a wide range of benefits including profit-share bonus, car/car allowances, life assurance, generous pension scheme, a flexi-benefits package allowing you to choose benefits that are truly valuable to you including healthcare assistance, gym membership, competitive annual leave allowances plus the opportunity to buy and sell holiday!
Interested? For applications and more information about this role and other opportunities in the Town Planning sector, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104.