Are you looking for your next challenge?
Where better to find it than at a council which is three times winner of LPA / Planning Team of the Year awards, three times winner of the RTPI’s Silver Jubilee Cup, and in one of the most beautiful parts of the country offering a superb quality of life.
Plymouth City Council is a dynamic forward thinking authority committed to helping the city reach its full potential, and planning is at the heart of this agenda. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced planner who will be lead planning case officer on a range of strategic sites, seeing them through from inception to delivery. This is a great opportunity for a planner to develop their career by being exposed to a wide range of work from City Centre and waterfront regeneration schemes, new mixed use communities, and a major new commercial centre in the north of the city.
Plymouth City Council truly is a great place to work, with a supportive and inclusive environment and flexible family-friendly working opportunities
Who we are looking for:
- A proactive and delivery-minded planner with experience of navigating strategic projects through the development management process to high quality outcomes.
- Good knowledge of planning process and relevant legislation
- Good project management skills
- An excellent approach to partnership working and customer service able to develop and maintain effective and productive working relationships
- Experience of preparing and / or presenting evidence for public inquiries and other hearings
- Membership of the RTPI or an appropriate professional institute, or eligibility and willingness to start the process of applying for such membership within 6 months of commencement.
Plymouth is Britain’s Ocean City, located on the stunning south coast of England, with spectacular views of Plymouth Sound just 5 minutes’ walk away from our offices. It provides all the benefits of a major city, including the historic Barbican, Royal William Yard, the Hoe and our City Centre, with is famous beaux-arts style introduced in the Abercrombie plan, whilst only being a stone’s throw from Dartmoor and the beaches of Devon and Cornwall. It’s a city with a rich planning heritage and the kind of exciting and challenging projects that offer huge job satisfaction. It truly is a planners paradise!
We are very aware of that the Covid pandemic has affected how people want to work, and the City Council has adapted to this new context. Plymouth is a great place to be based, but we are open to candidates who want to work remotely for most of the time, provided that they can attend necessary site meetings and be in the office when required. We are also open to applicants who want to work on a part time or job-share basis.
If you think this role could be for you we’d love to hear from you, please contact Alistair Wagstaff, Strategic Development Manager on 01752 398259 or Alistair.firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rebecca Miller City Planning Manager on 01752305241 or Rebecca.email@example.com
To apply for this role please visit www.plymouth.gov.uk/counciljobs and follow the links to the online recruitment system