* To independently manage key specialist projects related to planning policy and its broader implementation within the borough.
* To lead on the preparation of specialist evidence in respect of appeals including presenting evidence at Public Inquiries, Hearings and written representations.
* Able to prepare briefs for and select, control and monitor consultants, taking a lead role on Local Plan evidence base preparation.
* To work effectively to meet challenging deadlines and manage competing and changing priorities.
* To provide high quality advice and input into high profile planning applications.