Reference Number MDC001659
Grade of Post: F
Offering flexible new ways of agile working with the Council Offices based at Princes Road, Maldon available as required.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our busy Development Management Team. Previous experience of determining Planning Applications is essential as this role will dealing with a range of cases, including Minor Applications, Change of Use, pre-application advice, Householder Applications, Permitted Development and Tree Preservation Orders.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and be able to demonstrate that they are able to work in a highly pressured environment working to strict deadlines. Attention to detail and accurate report writing are also critical skills. Experience of presenting reports to Members would be an advantage. Candidates will have:
- A strong customer focus.
- A positive “can do” attitude to help us deliver the highest standards of service to our customers.
- Good knowledge of Planning process and relevant Legislation
- Attention to detail, with excellent levels of accuracy.
- Working towards or attained a relevant Planning Qualification at Degree Level or equivalent
About this role
- As a Senior Caseworker, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring accurate, professional and timely case management service to our customers
- Undertaking complex casework relating to the determination of Planning Applications that require an understanding of relevant service processes, regulations and legislation
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Ensuring strict confidentiality is maintained, and data protection rules are followed
- Promote and Supporting Customer Self Service
- Identifying improvements in customer and service provision
- Taking responsibility for your own workload and adhering to strict timescales
- Provide and assist with training.
If you believe you have the qualities that we need to take us forward, we would love to hear from you.