Grade of Post: G
Offering flexible new ways of agile working with the Council Offices based at Princes Road, Maldon available as required.
Maldon District Council is seeking to employ a planning professional to join our busy and dynamic Development Management team on a permanent, full-time basis.
You should have a sound and thorough knowledge of Town Planning legislation with extensive practical experience of all aspects of the planning and development process, particularly with regards to planning applications, appeals and planning enforcement.
This is a great opportunity to continue your professional development and work towards a MSc in Town Planning (or other related area) with full support from Maldon District Council.
About this role
- As one of our experienced Specialists at Maldon District Council, you will take responsibility for your assigned caseload, prepare reports and make recommendations on planning applications and on other planning related matters.
- You will prepare appeal statements for decision/clearance with the Senior Specialist Coordinator or Lead Specialist for Development Management.
- You will act as a point of contact between Council Members and the service in relation to Development Management issues and respond to service related requests, complaints and FOI requests.
- You will provide support to other officers within planning and other internal teams and guide applicants through the planning process, including the delivery of robust, timely and comprehensive pre-application advice.
We are looking for people who:
- Hold a relevant qualification in Town Planning or are working towards this
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within Planning or Development Management
- Are self-motivated and can work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Having a positive, solution-finding approach to work whilst achieving targets and meeting deadlines.
- Can demonstrate that they are team players, appreciate the corporate objectives of the organisation and have a clear commitment to delivering a customer focused service
- Are proficient in the use of Microsoft applications and have experience using local authority software packages (ideally Uniform and Civica)