Our client a commercially‐focused planning and environmental consultancy practice based in Devon are on the lookout for an Assistant Planning Consultant to join them.
The role of Assistant Planning Consultant is a newly‐created role that represents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join this young business at an exciting time in its growth.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a varied and rewarding role where you will work across a range of development projects, mainly in the residential and commercial sectors across South West England.
The role of Assistant Planning Consultant is expected to comprise, but not be limited to, the following:
- Researching site planning histories, environmental designations, planning policies, etc.
- Undertaking site visits across South West England.
- Performing day‐to‐day liaison with clients.
- Performing day‐to‐day liaison with project teams, e.g. architects, engineers, ecologists, etc.
- Performing day‐to‐day liaison with Local Planning Authorities and consultees.
- Making arrangements for project meetings and writing up notes of meetings.
- Compiling and reviewing drawings, reports, etc. received from clients and project teams.
- Writing Planning Appraisals, Planning Statements and other reports.
- Completing planning application forms, etc.
- Compiling and submitting planning applications.
- Monitoring consultation responses to planning applications and actioning with clients and
- project teams.
- Checking planning decision notices / conditions against submitted plans.
- Compiling and submitting planning condition and obligation discharge applications.
- Monitoring planning condition and obligation discharge applications.
- Other planning‐related tasks as required.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate the following:
- Planning degree from a UK university OR significant equivalent experience.
- Working towards RTPI membership.
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience in the private and/or public sector.
- Good understanding of the UK Town and Country Planning system.
- Excellent written English.
- Close attention to detail.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Professional manner.
- Appreciation of the importance of client requirements.
- IT skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Full UK driving licence.
Whats on offer?
The role will predominantly be office‐based. The office is located in South Devon, two minutes’ walk from the beach and five minutes’ walk from the railway station.
There will however be some flexibility to work from home for part of the week.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary dependent on experience.
- Pension contribution.
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Opportunities and mentoring for CPD.
- £500 per year donation to a registered charity of your choice.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join this young business at an exciting time. To find out more call or email Rob Hanks on 07855 276123 or rob@LDHrecruitment.com
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.