Planner – Applications or Compliance (Maternity Cover)
About Our Client
Our client is England’s largest World Heritage Site, inscribed due to its outstanding universal values of Identity, Inspiration and Conservation.
Our client has an opportunity for a Planner to join their busy development management team to provide maternity cover until 31st December 2022.
- Salary of £20,853 - £33,220 dependent upon experience, knowledge and skill (pro rata)
- Working on a wide range of diverse projects within the charities remits
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Customisable benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme; purchase of additional leave
- Flexitime and a great working environment
This is the ideal role for a proven planning professional from either a planning application or compliance background to take on a new challenge supporting our client.
Based in the thriving market town of Kendal, you will discover a breath-taking working environment and teams of engaging, supportive people.
So, if you care about sustaining the future of a spectacular living and working landscape, with a rich built cultural heritage and diverse natural environment, our client wants to hear from you.
As a Planner, you will play a key role in the delivery of our client’s high-quality planning service, this role will see you specialise in one of two areas, either planning applications or planning compliance.
Within the planning application area, you will handle a diverse caseload that covers the entire development management sphere. You’ll make recommendations regarding planning proposals, present to the Planning Committee and represent our organisation at appeals.
Taking on planning compliance work will see you handling planning enforcement activities, investigating alleged breaches of control and making recommendations on the expediency of action. You will also prepare formal notices and representing us at appeal or in court.
To be considered as a Planner, you will need:
- Previous development management experience dealing with either planning applications or compliance
- A highly organised approach and used to dealing with a range of tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrable analytical ability
- The ability to balance relevant considerations and reach well-reasoned conclusions
- Great communication and negotiation skills
Our client would like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Development Management Officer, Planning Applications Officer, Planning Compliance Officer, Planning Officer, Planning Policy Officer, National Park Planning Officer, Rural Planner, or Planner.
Interested in this role?
Our client is happy to talk about flexible working – let them know if you want to find out more.
If you’re ready to apply to be a Planner with our client, please select the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.