How you'll make a difference
As a Planning Enforcement Officer you will make a difference by making South Gloucestershire a safe place to live, visit and work in. You will work as part of a team playing a key role by contributing towards a high-quality built environment for the enjoyment of all residents and our visitors.
What will you be doing?
- It will be your responsibility to manage 60 – 80 case assignments at all levels of complexity, working towards resolutions effectively and efficiently. Predominantly you will be office based however, field visits may be required for further investigation of alleged breaches of planning control.
- This varied role you will not only be limited to dealing with complaints but also consists of planning applications, policy compliance, appeals and prosecution proceedings. You will be involved with the end to end planning legislation process from pre-application to post application decision work.
- You will respond to internal and external enquiries and to deliver a high quality of service
- You will be expected to display decisive decision-making in complex or unprecedented situations.
What we need from you
- You will be professionally qualified in Planning and obtain a relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- You should be a confident communicator; both in conversation and in writing and have the ability to use diplomacy and decisiveness during difficult situations.
- You will need to have a sound understanding and knowledge of planning legislation.
- It is vital that you are organised with assigned workload and are able to achieve set deadlines.
- The nature of the duties of this post will require you to travel therefore, you must have a current valid driving license.