Are you adaptable, an enabler and a change agent? Are you looking to work for a forward thinking Local Authority in an area with two World Heritage sites? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our forward thinking and innovative council supporting the borough of Allerdale including part of the Lake District National Park. This role will be responsible for the strategic development and organization of the Building Control and Planning Service. This exciting new role will help the service move forward with an external facing customer focus and an eye for developing new markets.
- Flexible working – no set start and finish times with the majority of the role worked from home.
- Starting annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum plus bank holidays rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Option to purchase additional annual leave and accrue further leave via the Council’s flexi-time policy
- Generous pension scheme
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme
- Family friendly initiatives such as enhanced maternity allowance, occupational maternity/paternity/adoption pay, shared parental leave and childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Access to Occupational Health and counselling services
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted optical care
- The opportunity to take 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Free parking
- Relocation package available (subject to T&C’s)