An outstanding opportunity has arise at a dynamic suburban London Borough Council has an urgent requirement for a Planning Officer.
Your primary responsibility will be to work on a diverse caseload of minor to complex medium applications in urban and greenbelt areas within Greater London.
This will include processing householder, residential extensions, small scale change of use, mixed use, new build, infill housing, commercial advertisements and listed building consents.
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate and finalise the discharge of conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK or overseas.
In addition, you will have exemplary written and verbal communication skills in conjunction with the ability to work as part of a team.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or via email on email@example.com.