I'm currently working with a Local Authority in the North East of England who are looking for an experienced Policy Officer to join them on an initial 6 month contract. My client is looking to pay up to £45ph for the right candidate. This role has been deemed inside of IR35 with remote working.
Duties will include:
- Leading on researching evidence and data analysis.
- Drafting policy documents.
- Carrying out and analysing the results of public consultation.
- Carrying out sustainability appraisal work.
- Drafting proposals to release land from the greenbelt.
- Leading on community and stakeholder consultation at certain stages of the strategic planning process, including processing and assessing consultation responses.
- Providing advice to Development Management officers, other Council services, elected Members, stakeholders and residents on a range of planning policy matters and technical areas.
- Assisting with queries from the other consultants on the team.
You will ideally be MRTPI accredited and must hold a degree relative to Town Planning. You should also have proven experience consulting on Local Plans.
The role is inside of IR35 and the client is looking for the potential candidate to start as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or email me your CV.
Still not sure? Feel free to give Chloe a call on 0207 766 9075 to discuss this role in more detail or chat about other opportunities Oyster have on.