One of my Local Authority clients based in the South East is looking for a temporary Principal Policy Officer to join them on a 3-6 month initial contract, and they can pay around the £40p/h mark. They need someone to start as soon as possible, and can offer 100% remote working for the right candidate. The role has been confirmed to be inside of Ir35. You would be working on a variety of projects, which can be tailored to your skillset, but are likely to include the following:
- Car and cycle parking standards supplementary planning document, working with specialist consultants
- Supporting progress with the community infrastructure levy, again working with consultants
- Employment land and article 4 directions
- Helping take forward technical advice notes on a range of topics
- Progress an updated Statement of Community Involvement through consultation and to adoption
- Liaison with parish councils and consultants on updates to Conservation Area Appraisals.
- Updating the 5 year housing land supply position statement
- Responding to planning policy consultations from development management team on planning applications
Should this role be of interest and you would like to discuss further, please do feel free to call James on 0207 766 9075!