We are partnered with a successful boutique national planning consultancy to find a new Associate Director or Director, to be a disruptor in the North West town planning and consultancy market. With an existing successful team in the city centre, this business is seeking an ambitious senior Town Planning professional to join to build up their own team and business. If you have thought about setting up on your own but want the support of a business behind you – you are exactly the kind of person I would like to speak to.
Currently the team in the Manchester and other teams within the UK partner with their clients and act as strategic guides within planning and development advice, to create interesting and enjoyable spaces for people to live and work in. Often their projects are major mixed-use and complex resi-led developments, within the major UK cities, but their clients vary by size and type, and they are keen to keep this variety with the clients that the incoming Associate Director or Director brings.
With an excellent wider team in place as an office of planners, and national supporting team, this hire is key to the growth of the business and could be a career-making position for the right individual. You will have freedom to grow your own team, with an increasingly well-known brand name behind you.
Your role will include:
- Strategy, business generation and growth of business, bringing clients (old or new!) with you within the first 12 months
- Project leading and delegating of work to team, monitoring progress and dealing with budgets, fees and invoicing
- Pitching for new business and collaborating with architects and various consultants externally
- Appraising sites and pre-app advice for clients
- Coordinating project teams and sub-consultants, keeping good relationships and promoting of collaboration with design-teams
- Stakeholder engagement and managing of relationships with LPAs and key contacts
- In due course, management of a team, leading on recruiting, training, CPD and assessing performance of employees within team
You will ideally:
- Have at least 10 years within town planning, with the most recent role being in consultancy (although less experience will be considered)
- Have a track-record in work-winning, and a client following either in the short or medium term
- Be a confident communicator, and good team leader with management experience
- Have excellent written skills and technical ability
- Be looking for something a little bit different…
While being a North West-based role and needing a presence in their impressive offices once things are more normal, this business wants to break from the norm. They have a high-trust adult environment, where you won’t be watched or monitored in your business growth, beyond your agreed expectations. They encourage a life outside of work and pride themselves on an excellent work-life balance and flexible/agile working for the future.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual, and they are happy to meet potentially interested parties for a coffee initially – keen for this person to be in place by mid to late 2020. You will receive a competitive salary and package, with room to build your own team with serious progression on offer.
Please apply here or give me (Kate) a call on 07749 707060 to discuss. My client is looking to find the right candidate as soon as possible – so if in doubt, do get in touch. I also have other clients and roles that may be of interest.
If you do not hear anything back within one week, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles.