I am working with a rural authority in Yorkshire who is looking for a Senior Planning Officer on an initial 3-month contract. They would be looking for the candidate to start immediately and the role would be focused on a mixed caseload of minor applications.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with Householders, Minor, and some small Major applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects, and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits when needed in conjunction with other officers
- Advice Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Liaise with the rest of the Development Management team on reports and subsequent decisions.
- Rural experience is highly beneficial given the authorities' location.
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- The rate has been left negotiable dependent on experience
- IR35 is undetermined at present.
- Immediate start
- Remote working is available but, site visits are essential.
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 020 7766 9075 and ask for Chloe.