Following continued growth and commercial success – Parker Planning Services are on the look-out for a commercially minded, personable, and talented Senior Planner or Planner. Here we are looking to appoint a highly experienced and qualified member of staff to work on projects for our growing client-base, and pipeline of work. Our success is due to our excellent welcoming team, our valued regular clients and our diversity of projects; both large and small, and across a wide range of industry sectors.
The successful candidate will work on a broad range of planning projects, using their local knowledge to plan and deliver planning projects in a timely and professional manner, across East Anglia, and occasionally further afield across the UK.
Based: in either our Suffolk office in Bury St Edmunds or Cambridgeshire office – in Milton, nr Cambridge. Both offices have excellent transport links and free on-site parking available if required.
Flexible Working: This post is open to reduced working hours for the right candidate. There is also the option for home-working on occasion.
Key Role Responsibilities include:
- Conduct research site appraisals and visits on projects for existing and potential clients
- Preparing Fee Quotes
- Prepare and submit reports and statements and carry out on-going negotiations for planning applications and appeals – large and small, and of varying complexity
- Manage all other planning matters associated with all stages of the planning process
- Develop on-going client relationships and co-ordinate specialist services relating to your projects
- Working with the wider Planning Team, wider support team, both in your main office, and across the wider company
- Maintaining and updating accurate records and timesheets
For this vacancy – we’re looking for the following experience and skills:
Senior Planner Role – A Chartered Member of the RTPI, or working towards this, with at least 6 years’ experience with a variety of projects
Planner Role – A relevant qualification (Degree or Masters in Planning) with at least 3 years’ experience; with the capacity to work autonomously and take the lead on allocated projects
- Strong project management skills, and demonstrable history of producing and submitting high-quality reports, and in a timely fashion
- A professional, personable and dedicated team member
- Be confident in working with minimal supervision and using your own initiative.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Positively contribute to the companies wider aims of objectives
- Staff Pension Scheme
- Bonus in addition to salary, which is linked to performance and attendance
- Generous annual leave entitlement (25 days per annum, plus bank holidays, plus additional days between Christmas and New Year)
- Length of Service annual leave increase. An additional day per year of service up to an additional 5 days annual leave |(pro-rata).
- Flexible working hours scheme – this includes options for home-working, on occasion.
- Non-Excessive hours of working
- £1000 training allowance per each member of staff.
- Competitive Salary Packages, reflecting knowledge and experience.
- Progression plan alongside appraisals
- Paid Christmas and Summer staff event and meal
- Paid RTPI fees.
In each office – our teams are led and supported by the Principal Planning Manager with the support of the Managing Director, who oversees all company operations. A range of specialist consultants are based across our offices. Norfolk is our Head Office – where our support-staff are predominately based.
How to Apply: Deadline for applications Aug 15th – 5pm. To apply please send a full CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.