I am working with a Local Authority in Hampshire who are looking for a Senior Planning Officer on an initial 3 month contract. They would be looking for the candidate to start immediately and the role would be focused on a mixed caseload of minor applications.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with Householders, Minor and some small Major applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits when needed in conjunction with other officers
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Liaise with the rest of the Development Management team on reports and subsequent decisions.
- Experience with Greenbelt and Flood Zones is highly beneficial.
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years’ of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Private Sector experience is considered.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate has been left negotiable dependent on experience - likely to be £33-38p/h
- Role to more than likely be inside IR35.
- Immediate start
- A compressed working week and remote working is available.
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 020 7766 9075 and ask for Chloe.