Persimmon Homes North West is recruiting a Strategic Land Buyer/ Strategic Planner. This position will be based at our offices in Urmston, Manchester.
Persimmon Plc is the holding company for the Persimmon Group of companies. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (PSN.L) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. With headquarters in York, the Group operates from 24 regional offices throughout the UK.
The Group trades under the brand names of Persimmon Homes, Charles Church and Westbury Partnerships, building quality new homes across England, Wales and Scotland. We are a national house builder with a local approach to building new homes.
This is a challenging role in a very busy and fast paced office environment offering someone the opportunity to really make the job their own by adding real contributions and value in achieving the desired outcomes for the business.
For further information on the Persimmon Group of companies visit www.corporate.persimmonhomes.com
Reporting to the Strategic Land & Planning Director your key responsibilities will be:
- Identifying new strategic land opportunities which have the potential for residential development.
- Attending meetings with landowners, colleagues, land agents and consultants to build relationships and secure new strategic land opportunities.
- Submitting expression of interests and offers to landowners.
- Negotiating with landowners and agents to agree head of terms.
- Working alongside solicitors to complete land contracts and due diligence.
- Respond to and influence Local Plan making at a regional level.
- Negotiate and influence local planning authorities in the preparation of planning applications
- Work alongside colleagues and consultants to manage planning applications for residential development.
The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience of land acquisition process for residential development, along with a working knowledge of the planning system through to an implementable consent.
You should also be able to demonstrate a full understanding of planning policy, including understand how planning policy is formulated and how to influance the plan making process.
Degree recognised by the RTPI or RICS is preferable but not essential.
The successful candidate should have strong interpersonal, negotiation and all round excellent communication skills, be proactive and have a willingness to take the lead on own initiative. A proven ability to work to, thrive on and meet tight deadlines is essential along with a positive outlook and professional attitude.
If this role describes you and fits your career aspirations then open an account and apply now.
Competitive Salary, Company Car/Car Allowance, Pension, Life Assurance & Bonus
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory background check e.g. employment history and criminal record check. These background checks are job specific to certain vacancies within Persimmon.