One of London’s most high profile and pro-development London Borough Council has an excellent opportunity for a Development Management Officer.
This borough is currently undergoing unprecedented regeneration and development that will provide you with a diverse development management caseload and a real opportunity for career progression.
This is attributed to the fact that the Development Management Teams in this borough are assigned a broad and varied caseload consisting of minor, complex medium and major applications up to 100 units which will provide a relatively unique and rare opportunity for the successful candidate to pick up major applications experience over time should they wish to do so.
Caseloads in this dense urban area commonly consist of residential extensions, change of use, mixed-use, infill housing, new builds, commercial advertisements and listed building consents etc.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Management Officer in the UK or overseas.
You will have an aptitude for processing a mixed caseload of minor to medium applications with good communication and report writing skills.
For further details please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email email@example.com