Penguin Recruitment is pleased to be working with a specialist retirement developer on the hire of a Senior Planning Associate for their team in Coventry. This role covers the East & West Midlands and so comes a company car/attractive car allowance.
The company is the UK's leading developer and manager of retirement communities and hold a majority share of the owner-occupied market. They have sold over 58,000 properties across more than 1,300 retirement developments across the UK!
You will join a large land and planning team with the primary purpose of the role being to pro-actively manage the planning function within the Midlands Division as well as (where required) provide advice, support and assistance to the Group Planning function. Key Responsibilities
Requirements to apply
- To review emerging planning policy and guidance and associated documents at all levels to advise the Company of its ramifications and make submissions on the Company's behalf as to its content in liaison with Group Communications in respect of National Planning Policy.
- Manage all planning activities within the Midlands Division including;
- Preparation and submission of minor applications relating to a development
- Preparation and submission of the major application for a proposed development
- Preparing information and evidence in respect of housing need for a given area
- Carrying out policy checks and feasibility reports for potential site acquisitions.
- Production of detailed report at an early stage of planning prospects to be inputted into Company investment decisions.
- Preparing Planning Appeal submission as or for planning witness
- Attendance at meetings, planning committees, pre and post application public consultations.
- As necessary assist wider Divisional Development Team in any post Contract planning issues (discharge of planning conditions, enforcement action etc.)
- To review and advise on proposed financial levies on development (Community Infrastructure Levy or similar)and to advise the Company of its ramifications and make submissions as to its content including viability modelling.
- Coordinate with Viability Assessors to instruct financial viability assessment, coordinating internal information as required.
- Assisting the Appeals Team with the organisation and management of strategy meetings, minuting meetings and undertaking and monitoring actions arising from those meetings.
- Preparing information and evidence for planning appeals to include site research, collation of evidence and backup information as required.
- Play an active role in monthly Design, Land and Planning meetings to provide expert advice on both current and potential development sites
- Working with Appeals Manager / Director assist with submission of planning appeals.
- To work with all Planning, Head Office and Divisional staff, Divisional Design and Land personnel, Appeal Team members, external consultants and Local Planning Authorities.
- To work with, liaise and participate in working parties etc. with external groups such as HBF, Retirement Housing Group, Three Dragons, HCA, other house building companies as and when necessary.
- Responsible for instructing and managing external consultants, on specific issues/proposals as and when necessary, ensuring information is delivered in-line with budget and programme
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder's experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business.
Training & Development
- Planning or related degree
- MRTPI qualified, or working towards submission
- Relevant experience in the private and/or public sector, pre and post qualification. Ideally five years plus experience in either public or private sector policy planning and who is looking to broaden their experience.
- Experience in the retirement sector is desirable.
- Working knowledge of financial viability assessments and impact of affordable housing contributions.
The role will include ongoing coaching from the Divisional Director who will work with you to help you realise your career objectives. Why Apply?
On top of joining the UK's most recognised brand in this sector you will also benefit from a strong starting salary of £40,000 - £55,000pa (dependant on experience), company car/car allowance and access to the company's benefits scheme which includes Up to 28 days holiday, bonus, pension, healthcare and flexible and remote working. Interested?
The hiring manager leading this recruitment is keen to speak with suitable Planners asap so please express your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org