A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Strategic Applications Planner at a leading London borough council renowned for delivering innovative planning solutions and high-quality development in some of the capitals largest growth areas.
Located in one of the capitals most vibrant development areas, this role will provide an unprecedented opportunity to deliver highly original new development through the planning system such as multi-storey towers (tall buildings), modular buildings, residential led mixed use and estate regeneration schemes.
In addition to managing a caseload of prominent strategic planning applications, you will play a pivotal role negotiating PPA agreements and coordinating pre-applications with leading developers, architects and planning consultancies.
Furthermore, you will liaise and negotiate with prestigious institutions such as the GLA and TfL in conjunction with undertaking member briefings and presenting prestigious schemes at Planning Committee.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage and process a caseload of large-scale major and strategic applications consisting of residential led mixed use, tall buildings, community infrastructure, and commercial developments etc.
- Facilitate close liaison with major developers, architects and external consultants through paid pre-application meetings.
- Negotiate complex S106 agreements in conjunction with discharging conditions and finalising reserved matters.
- Negotiate and bring forward Planning Performance Agreements
- Draft detailed delegated reports and present at committee
- Conduct member briefings, engage with regeneration teams and consult with local community groups
- Liaise and work closely with external bodies including the GLA and TFL etc.
The successful Principal Major Applications Planner will have acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner in development management with an aptitude and natural enthusiasm for processing large scale major and strategic applications through the planning system.
In addition you will have a pro-development outlook with the ability to work within a cohesive team and work collaboratively with other officers, developers, architects and planning consultants etc.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an interest in dealing with complex planning issues.
For further information or an informal conversation, please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263.