With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing planning and environmental consultancy expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sectors. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in securing consent for development projects across the board.
Our planning team is well established and has an outstanding track record and reputation for offering quality planning advice to clients and acting on behalf of local authorities. Our planning team is growing in response to workload and new projects from a range of clients across various sectors including residential, renewable energy, infrastructure projects, rural diversification, commercial and leisure.
As part of the RSK Group, one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies, we are able to provide our clients with an unparalleled combination of environmental and management consultancy services.
We are ranked 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200, which rates the success of private companies in the UK and ranked third by Environment Analyst for providing Environmental Consultancy services in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
This role is ideally suited for Senior Planning Consultants who have experience in planning consultancy, however we will also consider applicants from other backgrounds including public sector.
The successful candidate will join a team of Planning professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines across ADAS and RSK, such as Environmental Impact Assessment, Ecology, Landscape and Archaeology. We are a growing, forward thinking and friendly team.
To join the ADAS team of Planning Consultants in the ongoing delivery of client projects in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and ideally chartered (RTPI) with over 2 years’ post qualification experience. You will manage and deliver a wide range of projects and demonstrate the highest quality of care to our clients.
This will involve:
- Providing planning consultancy services to public, private and third-sector clients.
- Managing planning projects to a high standard. This will involve leading on planning applications, site promotions and appeals as well as managing the financial aspect such as invoicing, budgets and contract specific financial data.
- Reviewing and commenting on technical reports.
- Preparation of planning applications, including drafting of Planning Statements.
- Liaison with key actors including technical consultants, statutory consultees and Case Officers.
- Public speaking, including planning committees and public consultation events, where required.
- Being a positive role model and providing planning advice to colleagues and clients and providing mentoring where appropriate.
- Carrying out sales and business development activities including drafting proposals, tenders, meeting potential and existing clients and working on sales initiatives.
- Take a role in the development of the planning business and carrying out sales activities to help achieve business targets and objectives. This will include involvement in drawing up and delivering the business plan.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Formal qualification in Town and Country Planning (Masters/Postgraduate/First Degree).
- Full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute or eligible for full Chartered Membership
- Relevant experience preferably within the private sector.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Town & Country Planning regulations and process in both planning policy and development management.
- Your role will require you to help manage project teams within and outside the office on the client’s behalf. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are an essential requirement to be successful in these roles.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development.
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.