Our client, a Local Planning Authority, is looking for an interim Development Management Services Manager to be responsible for the management of all aspects of the Development Management service and to undertake high level professional work within the Development Management function.KEY ACCOUNTABLE AREAS
- To be responsible for the management and operation of the Development Management Service (including development management, planning enforcement and planning support.
- To ensure the provision of high level advice on development management matters to the Head of Planning and to act as the principal contact for members on all development management, planning enforcement and Estate Management Scheme matters.
- To be responsible for providing the main interpretation of national and legislative requirements in relation to the development of land and buildings as well as physical, environmental and historic resources, including the protection of conservation areas, tree preservation order and listed buildings to members, officers within the service area and throughout the council, town/parish councils, applicants/agents and members of the public.
- To be responsible for the determination of planning and related applications and planning enforcement under the officer scheme of delegation agreed by the Head of Planning.
- To be responsible and accountable for managing the development management service's budget income and expenditure which is currently about £1.5 million.
- You will be required to act as an expert witness by giving development management, planning enforcement and Estate Management Scheme evidence in legal proceedings, appeals and to other agencies
- To be responsible for the co-ordination of the recruitment and training of Development Management staff.
- Degree in town planning or related discipline
- Corporate membership of RTPI or equivalent
- Significant experience in planning, of which a large number of years must have been within a Development Management section and spent managing staff
- Experience of dealing with complex and contentious major planning applications
- Experience of working with elected Members and managing politically sensitive issues
Please note the role is inside IR35.
For more details please get in touch with Teodora on 02036800630 or simply apply below.
Still searching? Not all of our vacancies are on our website yet. We're happy to provide a tailored careers guidance service, so for the best chance of finding your ideal opportunity, get in touch with one of our specialist consultants and we will be able to support you with your job search.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.