Join a large team of 80 professionals and work in a modern, open-plan and high quality office in Central Reading. The office is just 5 minutes' walk from Reading train station, and is an exciting, dynamic and sociable place to work.
The established and busy Planning team has an exciting opportunity for a talented, dynamic and ambitious Planner or Senior Planner to join their team to work on a broad range of planning projects across the Thames Valley, including a wide range of residential, mixed use, retail, strategic land and commercial proposals, of various types and scales, including exciting regeneration and place making opportunities. Clients include house builders, landowners, education institutions, land promotion companies and public sector clients including the NHS and Homes England. Typical duties/responsibilities includes:
In order to apply you should hold/demonstrate;
- Work as part of a team on the promotion of large scale residential, mixed use and commercial developments (both Brownfield and Greenfield) through the Local Plan process;
- Assist with Co-ordination of multi-disciplinary project teams and project management
- Conduct research and site appraisals on projects for our client base;
- Assist with major applications and planning appeals where required (Outline, Full and Reserved Matters) including; attend meetings, preparation of meeting minutes, deliverable trackers, programmes, draft planning statements, appeal statements, attend public consultation events and prepare responses to consultees;
- Prepare, submit and negotiate small / medium sized planning applications and planning appeals
- Draft representations to Local Plans and Supplementary Planning Documents
- Be MRTPI qualified or working towards it
- Be committed to continuing your professional development with a willingness to learn and progress
- Have experience of working on residential and mixed-use developments
- Have an ability to undertake quantitative and sequential assessments
- Be collaborative by nature
- Be commercially minded and able to take on personal responsibility
- Be committed and have an eye for detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be personable and professional with high levels of motivation, ambition and drive
- Have an ability to manage your own time and workload
- Hold a full UK driving licence and are willing to travel nationally
- Knowledge of planning in the South East
- Some town planning consultancy or Local Government town planning experience (advantageous); and
- An interest in business development and networking opportunities.
In return, you will join a supportive team environment with exciting career opportunities, have client exposure, enjoy outstanding professional development and gain exposure to an innovative and exciting multi-disciplinary environment.
My client offer a competitive starting salary with a genuine leading benefits package. You would join a recognised leader in the Planning & Design sector with the ability to work on a varied project portfolio. To Apply
The Partner would like to meet with Planners immediately so please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For more information on this role or other Reading vacancies please contact me on 01792 341 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org