Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting an established and leading Engineering Consultancy on the hire of a Town Planner or Development Planner to join their exciting multidisciplinary team.
Joining this Newcastle based planning team of eight, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of medium and large-scale infrastructure, education, sport and leisure, housing and commercial developments, with the chance for career progression.
The successful candidate will manage planning commissions from start to finish, including liaison with clients, liaise with architecture and design team, management of internal and external sub-consultants, preparing EIA Chapters for major highway schemes, and provide support and mentorship to graduate members of the team.
For this position, applications are sought from candidates who have achieved Chartered Planner status or are working towards this and have 2 to 5 years planning experience, as well as a relevant RTPI accredited degree in a relevant planning discipline.
Suitable candidates for this role will:
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Have extensive project management skills and experience.
- Have excellent working knowledge of all stages of planning and development.
- Have a desire to grow, take on responsibility and ability to use your own initiative.
In return for this, our client is willing to offer:
- A competitive starting salary
- An impressive benefits package
- The opportunity to grow and progress within the company as part of a vibrant and exciting team!
For more information or to discuss this vacancy and other positions within the town planning sector, please contact Matt Fraser on 01792 341 104 or email your CV to email@example.com