Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a large and leading Planning Consultancy in the North West on the hire of a Graduate Planner (titled Professional Support Graduate).
Our client provides a full range of services including planning applications, appeals, planning appraisals and development promotion. Their clients include private individuals and national developers and through a pragmatic approach, they hold an enviable track record of positive outcomes from applications, appeals and related planning matters.
In this role, you will work with a range of clients on varied projects that fall in the following sectors: Housing, Leisure & Tourism, Commercial, Retail, Listed Buildings & Conservation, Education, Healthcare, Greenbelt and Countryside.Responsibilities
Research such as policy research, online planning history and appeal searches. Submitting planning application and appeals. Drafting documents for consultants including application and appeal forms. Maintaining knowledge of legislation, planning policy and technical guidance
- Provide planning support for all consultants and directors including:
Qualifications and Experience
- Take and process New Enquiries, providing further information to enable allocation.
- Maintain the Consultant Library.
- Organise and prioritise work to ensure that all work is completed systematically and on time.
- Share information and ideas, help colleagues with problems and participate in team activities.
- Open to change, maintain performance in changing circumstances.
- Treat colleagues with respect and acknowledge the contribution all colleagues make to the success of the business.
- Provide clients with a professional and friendly service.
- Adhere to all Emery Planning procedures, practices, and protocols.
- Ensure work area is always tidy.
- Undertake all other duties as the business requires, in line with the responsibilities of the role, as may reasonably be requested from time to time.
- Town planning related degree.
- Experience of working in the planning industry would be advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of planning history and policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- High levels of self-motivation especially when faced with challenges.
- Strong attention to detail
- Clean full driving licence (ideally).
This opportunity offers a good grounding in all aspects of planning. Our client will support you to progress throughout your career and in the early stages, to achieve chartered status.
On top of joining one of the region's most regarded consultancies, you will also benefit from a strong starting salary and accompanying benefits package which includes a discretional bonus that Graduate ARE eligible for. Interested?
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to speak with suitable Planners asap so please express your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org