Due to our continued success working on major development projects across the country we are seeking Consultant/Senior Consultant Town Planners to join our planning team. We work throughout the UK with major land owners, Government departments and agencies, local authorities, infrastructure providers, utility and energy companies and house builders and developers. Our projects are often high profile and at the leading edge of professional practice.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the largest planning teams in the UK and to shape your future career within a leading international multi-disciplinary consultancy.
We have an opportunity for a Consultant/ Senior Consultant role to be based in the West Midlands. At Consultant grade the position will be principally responsible for supporting colleagues on the preparation and submission of planning applications, making written representations to emerging local plans and related work in the promotion of strategic land for development. There will also be opportunities to work on infrastructure projects of national significance and to contribute to Environmental Statements, sustainability appraisals and stakeholder engagement activities. In addition to the above, the Senior Consultant role could also include for the winning of business, and the responsibility of managing colleagues and other consultants through the preparation of planning applications.
We are also looking for a Senior Consultant based in the North East of England or Central Belt of Scotland. The role will see responsibility for the delivery of planning applications and EIAs involving multi-disciplinary technical teams, and the input of technical advice into infrastructure projects of national significance. You will have the opportunity to win your own business and will play an important part in the growth of our team into new service areas.
- You will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Town Planning and will be a full member of the RTPI (or for the Consultant post, will be working towards this).
- You will ideally have experience within a private consultancy environment within the UK
- For both West Midlands positions we are looking for someone who has an interest in and experience of strategic land promotion and residential land-use planning.
- For the North East/Scotland position we are looking for someone with experience of working on EIAs.
- You will be flexible, confident and persuasive with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will have the ambition and ability to develop new client relationships and assist with the management of key clients.
- You will, ideally, have a full UK driver’s licence
Wood offers a competitive salary and benefits package and provides support to staff in developing their careers through structured professional development.