CPRE Lancashire, Liverpool City Region & Greater Manchester Assistant Planning Manager (50% Part-Time)
CPRE the countryside charity fights for a better future for the countryside. We work locally and nationally to protect, shape and enhance our beautiful countryside and green spaces for everyone to value and enjoy. We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Assistant Planning Manager to help with our core planning work.
- to provide technical training and support to our Planning Volunteers across our region; and
- to support our Planning Manager.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- working with planning volunteers on all aspects of the planning process including reviewing and prioritising applications, writing to the public, planning authorities and the Inspectorate and liaising with parish councils and other key stakeholders.
- providing technical training and support to the volunteers including job guidance; and
- ensure the planning volunteer network acts consistently with CPRE policy and principles.
We are building a network of up to 30 planning volunteers to increase our capacity to provide planning support to the public on planning applications that have an adverse, significant impact on the countryside, green belt and urban green spaces in the region.
The volunteers have a wide range of planning experience (from minimal to significant). With a willingness to learn and through the training you provide, they would increasingly be responsible for our response to planning applications and related issues.
Support to the Planning Manager
- support on preparation and revision of local and neighbourhood plans;
- assist on planning campaigns including on central government planning policy and national CPRE campaigns; and
- support on objection to major planning applications including significant housing developments, logistics, warehousing and industrial/manufacturing use.
- you will report to our professional, experienced Planning Manager, who would provide advice, support and guidance when needed;
- you may also report direct to our Board of Trustees who manage the charity; and
- CPRE National, our umbrella organisation, will also provide you with training and support.
KEY EMPLOYMENT TERMS
- part-time role of 2.5 days per week (50% part-time). Starting salary up to £20,000;
- home-based, flexible working;
- you need to travel to trainings, meetings and events. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. All reasonable travel expenses will be paid;
- you need to be flexible and supportive and to ensure excellent volunteer development; and
- 2 year role (potential to extend following performance review). 6 month probation, extendable by prior mutual agreement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- a strong understanding of the planning system, a suitable planning qualification and relevant work experience;
- experience of working collaboratively and effectively with a diverse range of people;
- very good wo/man management skills. Experience of training and motivating people;
- very good oral and written communication skills;
- ability to work accurately, to tight deadlines and to a high standard;
- good IT skills and ability to use Word, Excel and Powerpoint effectively; and
- enthusiasm and motivation for the delivery of the CPRE mission.
If you are interested in this role, please email a CV and covering letter by clicking on the Apply button below.
For more information on this role, please call 01772 378831 or email email@example.com or visit our website http://www.cprelancashire.org.uk/
Closing Date: 31st July 2021
The English countryside is wonderful - help us look after it.
Please note, based on the high volume of interest for this role, we will review and get back to all successful applicants shortly after the closing date of the 31st July. Thank you for your interest.