Developer looking to recruit a Planning Director to be the in house planning expert: £80k - £120k
This is an exciting opportunity for a leading Planning Consultant, Associate or Director from either a developer, consultancy or public sector background to join an award-winning and highly successful development company based in Mayfair. Their wide variety of residential and mixed-use developments has included:
- 600+ unit housing developments
- Mixed-use shopping centre-to-town centre regeneration schemes
- Tall buildings, notably in the multi-family Build to Rent sector
- Sensitive heritage developments
- Contaminated brownfield land redevelopments
- Bespoke one-off high-end homes
They pride themselves on their delivery, creating quality environments with special attention to creating a sense of place to drive value.
As Planning Director you will be working hand-in-glove with the Managing Director across a variety of projects, with workflows including but not limited to:
- Ensure the planning process is strategically managed with clarity and purpose. Monitor, negotiate and advance planning applications, resolving planning issues as a core member of the senior management in order to achieve optimised and timely planning permissions.
- Form relationships with a number of Local Planning Authorities to progress strategic allocations and planning application alike, having explored and agreed a bespoke planning strategy in-house for each project.
- Manage the preparation and submission of planning applications including engaging, instructing and managing a diversity of consultants
- Negotiate, track and manage all conditions, s106 obligations, required s96a/s73/reserved matters applications and other delivery strategies.
- Assist in collating and presenting information in respect of both acquisitions and disposals.
- Manage consultation with councillors, local residents, amenity groups and other statutory bodies, implementing strategies to enhance third party relationships.
Your skills and experience
You will currently be working in a senior role at a developer, consultancy or Local Authority. Ideally a chartered member of the RTPI or RICS, you are able to prove your thoroughness and insight as an experienced planner with a keen eye for detail. You will have worked on large strategic schemes, both urban and greenfield, with a bias towards the residential sector.
A permanent salary in the range of £80k to £100k is on offer, plus a generous benefits package and potential for significant performance-based bonuses.
To find out more
For an informal initial conversation about this exciting role, call James Croucher on 07590 397181 or email email@example.com