Planning Monitoring Officer – Exclusive Role
Hourly Rate - Negotiable (£22-30 per hour guide)
Initial 3 Month Contract
Job Ref – 26970
I am delighted to be assisting our exclusive client in the Kent area, in their search for some additional support within their planning monitoring team.
To proactively monitor the new developments in the development(s) to examine the level of compliance including planning conditions and adherence to approved plans. To investigate complaints regarding breaches of planning control.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To proactively monitor the compliance of new development against the applicable planning permissions and planning conditions;
2. To work alongside the planning case officers and to liaise directly with developers to resolve any areas of non-compliance that may be found;
3. To carry out regular site visits and liaise with site managers to identify and resolve any breaches quickly;
4. To investigate alleged breaches of planning control that are reported by residents or third parties through site visits and research;
5. To work alongside the planning case officers and Development Monitoring Officer to try and resolve any breaches of planning control by negotiation and discussions with the developer, complainant and other third parties;
Site visits will be required with the rest of the work being completed from home. It is expected that this home working arrangement and site visit requirements will be about a 50/50 split.
This position may be suitable to a graduate planner.
- Planning Legislation knowledge and a qualification in Planning or Geography.
- Ability to interpret planning permissions, planning drawings and accompanying documents.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with an ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Good organisational skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Ben Hitchman on 02393876027
If you are a Town Planner who is interested in job opportunities, but this role is not of interest, please still apply then we can consider you for other positions.