What you'll be doing?
Our Planning teams manage the spectrum of areas of the planning system on behalf of the Company. In an ever-changing planning environment, our teams have experience in influencing he formation of planning policy, strategic land promotion, handling the development management process and implementing community engagement strategies.
Depending on the position within the team, you may be working on the identification of future land acquisition opportunities, devising planning strategies, managing consultant development teams, drafting the statements required for the submission of planning applications and delivering immediate or long term planning projects on a variety of scales. As part of this process, you will be involved in partnership working and liaison with a variety of planning authorities, local stakeholders and local residents.
Reporting to the Group Land and Planning Director (GLPD), you will provide accurate and commercially focused planning advice to the Barratt Executive team and to the divisional land and planning teams. Such advice will be in relation to both existing projects and also potential investments. The post holder will help ensure Barratt is fully informed of the business implications of national policy and case law changes.
You will be expected to:
- Prepare monthly reports to Group Executive and Regional Managing Directors meetings on land and planning matters of importance to the business;
- Assist the GLPD with research and analysis to help guide and influence business in relation to new land investment;
- Prepare a Monthly Land and Planning Bulletin and a Monthly Planning Appeals Note
- Provide planning advice on issues arising on sites already secured and also in relation potential land investments;
- Liaise with Barratt’s 27 divisions collecting, collating, analysing and reporting data and evidence. Always with the aim of helping divisions to improve their land and planning performance;
- Ad-hoc advice notes to the business on emerging national planning policy and legislation;
- Liaison with external stakeholders aimed at driving out perceptions of Barratt as the UK housebuilder of choice.
What you'll need?
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- RTPI or RICS (P&D)
- At least 5 years relevant experience within housebuilding, consultancy or a local planning authority;
- Clean driving licence as the role may involve occasional visits to divisional offices, site inspections or liaison with external partners;
- Interpersonal skills plus ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to collect data/evidence and then clearly report on the business implications, both verbally and in writing;
- Microsoft Office capability;
- Ability to provide planning advice in relation to both existing sites and potential land investments. Advice which is both commercially focussed and also recognises our objective to lead the industry on design, sustainability and ESG.
Our Company and Benefits
We’ve been nationally recognised as a 5 star house builder twelve years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major house builder. It’s because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Annual Health Assessment
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies