I am working with an authority in Sussex who are looking for a Major Applications Planner to start within the Strategic Development Team on an initial 6 month contract. They would be looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible. The role would be working on a caseload of complex and major applications, and it would be mostly remote-working apart from site visits.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing a caseload of major applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years’ of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of a large scale residential and commercial applications.
- Private Sector experience is considered.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate would be around £40p/h
- IR35 undetermined
- ASAP start
- Remote-working available, with some site visits required if restrictions allow
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 0207 766 9075 and ask for James.