I am working with an authority in Essex who are looking for a Principal Planning Officer to start on an initial 4 month+ contract. They would be looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible. The role would be working on a caseload of complex and major applications, and it would be mostly remote-working apart from site visits.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing a caseload of major applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years’ of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of a large scale residential and commercial applications.
- Private Sector experience is considered.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate would be around £50 per hour.
- Inside IR35
- ASAP start
- Remote-working available, with some site visits required if restrictions allow
If you are interested please can send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org 01614137290