I am working with an authority in the East Midlands who are looking for a Principal Planning Officer to start on an initial 6 month contract. They would be looking for the candidate to start within the next 2-3 weeks. The role would be working on a mixed caseload of complex minor and major applications, and it would be 100% remote apart from site visits every 2/3 weeks or so.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing a mixed caseload of applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years’ of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of a large scale residential and commercial applications.
- Private Sector experience is considered.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate is up to £45 per hour.
- Outside IR35
- ASAP start
- Remote-working available, with some site visits required if restrictions allow
If you are interested please call Conner on 01614137290 or email your CV to email@example.com