Sustainable Planning and Design Studio is an innovative and agile planning consultancy specialising in residential and renewable projects. We love pushing boundaries and sharing insights across the wider group of companies within the Push Investment Group. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that prides itself on its team of Planners and their important role in the development process. SPD is part of a company that has grown organically over the last decade; as a result of new ways of thinking, encouraging innovators, and those with a passion for their professional service.
We are seeking a Senior Town Planner with a minimum of four years planning experience in either the private or public sector. The position is based at our Colchester office, and would involve working on large scale renewable developments, as well as small to medium size residential developments.
A typical week would likely include:
- Desktop appraisals, report writing and site visits
- Assistance with preparing planning applications within the Town and Country Planning Act
- Researching policy changes and identifying where these may impact our Group
- Project management and budgetary controls
- Mentoring junior staff and building good internal relationships within the Team and Group
- Liaising with external consultants, statutory consultees and Case Officers
- Preparing fee quotations for external and internal projects
We would love to hear from you if:
- Four years’ experience in the planning system
- You have an undergraduate degree and a postgraduate degree (or working towards) in Town Planning
- Chartered Membership of the RTPI (or working towards)
- Two years’ experience in project management, ideally within the renewables sector
- A passion for planning policy and the role it plays in society.
We are based at our Colchester office, however, understand that recent events have changed the way the world works. We are happy to discuss flexible contracts that include some working from home days that allow a better work-life balance.
Our package includes:
- Generous pension scheme – 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance scheme - 4 x annual salary
- Bike to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave and 8 public holidays
- Full IT and phone provision
- Continuing professional development
- Volunteering Days