Our client, a local authority, is looking for a Senior Policy Planner to join them on a contract basis.
Main purpose is to lead on the preparation of specialist evidence in respect of appeals including presenting evidence at Public Inquiries, Hearings and written representations.
*To work independently and take personal responsibility for a full range of planning policy work.
* Able to prepare briefs for and select, control and monitor consultants, taking a lead role on Local Plan evidence base preparation.
* To work effectively to meet challenging deadlines and manage competing and changing priorities.
* To provide high quality advice and input into high profile planning applications.
* To work independently to assess, negotiate and set out clear and robust recommendations in an accurate, well written officer report based on relevant planning policies and other material considerations, with minimal supervision.
* To demonstrate highly articulate written and oral communication skills with particular reference to report writing, public speaking (including acting as the Planning Policy team's expert witness), presentation skills and communicating with Members.
* To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and to take a proactive approach to relevant changes in legislation.
* To demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and sound understanding of national, regional and local plan making and associated legislative requirements and policy guidance
Please note the role is inside IR35.
For more details or a confidential discussion please call Teodora Apan on 0203 680 0630
Still searching? Not all of our vacancies are on our website yet. We're happy to provide a tailored careers guidance service, so for the best chance of finding your ideal opportunity, get in touch with one of our specialist consultants and we will be able to support you with your job search.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.