An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Planner at a dynamic London Borough Council which is currently experiencing high levels of investment and development.
You will work within a vibrant area team managing a caseload of minor, complex medium planning applications and some-scale majors up to 50 units, ultimately offering real career progression for those Planners who have desire to become involved with large scale development in prime regeneration areas.
- Manage and process a mixed caseload of minor, complex medium and small scale major application consisting of residential led mixed use, change of use, new build flats, single dwellings, commercial / retail schemes, listed building consents, infill housing, certificates of lawful development and community infrastructure etc.
- Conducting paid pre-application meetings
- Undertake pre-application meetings and site visits
- Negotiate S106 agreements, discharge of conditions and finalise reserve matters.
- Duty Planning
- Undertaking remote site visits
- Attend consultation events
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience in Development Management as a Planning Officer or Senior with a proven track record of processing a variety of planning applications in urban areas.
In addition, you must have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject with good communication and report writing skills.
Moreover you will have a natural enthusiasm for Development Management and processing a varied caseload of applications.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald and Company on 0207 318 5263 or email email@example.com