Senior Planning Policy Officer
Job Ref - 26602
At Carrington West we are assisting our local authority client based in London with their search for an experienced Planning Policy Specialist to join them on a contract basis, initially offered for 3 months.
- To independently manage key specialist projects related to planning policy and its broader implementation within the borough.
- To lead on the preparation of specialist evidence in respect of appeals including presenting evidence at Public Inquiries, Hearings and written representations.
- Able to prepare briefs for and select, control and monitor consultants, taking a lead role on Local Plan evidence base preparation.
- To work effectively to meet challenging deadlines and manage competing and changing priorities.
- To provide high quality advice and input into high profile planning applications.
- To work independently to assess, negotiate and set out clear and robust recommendations in an accurate, well written officer report based on relevant planning policies and other material considerations, with minimal supervision.
- To demonstrate highly articulate written and oral communication skills with particular reference to report writing, public speaking (including acting as the Planning Policy team's expert witness), presentation skills and communicating with Members.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and to take a proactive approach to relevant changes in legislation.
- To demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and sound understanding of national, regional and local plan making and associated legislative requirements and policy guidance.
My client is looking for someone to start with them in the next 2-3 weeks ideally.
Interviews to be held via video link as soon as possible.
This role can be 100% remote.
On offer is an hourly rate of £35p/h + per our depending on experience.
To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Ben Hitchman on 02393876027
If you are a Town Planner who is interested in job opportunities, but this role is not of interest, please still apply then we can consider you for other positions.