Penguin Recruitment is pleased to be supporting a highly regarded Real Estate Consultancy on the hire of a Town Planner or Senior Planner to work from their Manchester office.
If you're looking to step up your career, our client is the perfect home. There, you will have a chance to work with the countries leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired to be the best, by the best.
My client is looking for a dynamic Planner/ Senior Planner for their Planning and Development business line to be based either in Manchester or Leeds. The role will be part of their Northern Planning and Development team and will be expected to deal with a variety of instructions and clients as well as identify new business opportunities, throughout the North of England and North Wales. The Planning Team works in wide-ranging projects from commercial, mixed-use and residential developments to education, healthcare and energy.What this job involves:
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
- Preparation of planning appraisals and for land, buildings and concepts. Identify opportunities and constraints.
- Undertake research and analysis.
- Preparation of planning applications and planning appeals of varying scales.
- Writing reports, interpreting data and making recommendations.
- Contributing to the preparation/editing of Design & Access statements and other planning supporting documents.
- Liaising and negotiating with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations, third parties.
- Developing creative and original solutions to satisfy all parties.
- Ensuring compliance with local planning regulations.
- Maintaining an awareness of market conditions and the impact of government policies.
What support will I receive, and what will I receive in return for my hard work?
- MRTPI or MRICS qualification (with relevant planning experience)
- Detailed knowledge of the UK town planning and governmental systems
- Strong verbal, numerical and report writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills - prioritising and working to deadlines.
- Strong communication skills when speaking with clients, project teams and colleagues.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Our client is committed to supporting all their employees with juggling your work, personal and family commitments and alongside their approach to flexible working, they have a comprehensive parental transition support programme to assist parents during the early months and years of parenthood.
And in return, you will receive a strong starting salary, a comprehensive benefits package and as outlined above, given access to some of the country's best projects. All the way supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team. Interested?
The Director leading this recruitment is ready to meet with suitable Planners immediately so if you meet the above criteria and feel the role looks exciting, please apply ASAP.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or email@example.com