Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a leading UK commercial and residential real estate consultancy on the hire of a Town Planner to the team in Manchester.
The key focus of the job will be to handle all planning instructions in the existing portfolio of both national and local clients effectively across the North West and broader Northern regions. And to actively deliver high-quality planning consultancy for new business from existing and prospective clients, for both the division and the wider business.Main tasks:
Main capabilities:Technical Skills
- To manage instructions within the existing portfolio and relationships with clients and others in the local planning and property market.
- To prepare reports and statements, as required, to support the work of the team.
- To identify and support on major bids for work.
- To understand, appreciate and satisfy financial performance targets.
- To continually strive to improve working practices and client service delivery for the whole team;
- To provide an informed view on national developments and trends in Planning;
- To monitor and ensure effective and efficient coordination of internal resources to deliver project results for our clients;
- To liaise (where appropriate) with other company operations and services, particularly in relation to the Planning, and Development Consultancy Division.
- To represent the company and the full range of property-related services available to clients.
- To contribute to the business development of the wider team.
- Degree educated with relevant post degree experience of between two to five years professional experience;
- Chartered (MRTPI);
- Computer Literacy, specifically in Microsoft Office and windows and other software.
- Demonstrates the ability to make effective presentations to clients;
- Able to develop business planning skills including fee forecasting and fee proposals
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of client requirements;
- Provide high quality and competent professional advice to our clients;
- Enjoys the clear confidence and respect of clients;
- Collects, reviews and acts upon client feedback;
- Researches into current and future client requirements;
- Generates new business for the Company from own efforts and through working with others;
- Demonstrates an awareness of Planning and development market trends.
- Relates the implications of events and trends to the bigger picture
- Seeks to improve personal and team service delivery;
- Actively generates confidence and purpose in others by demonstrating conviction in the Company, its services and self.
- Understands and listens to the personal needs of others;
- Communicates and converses well and is clearly understood by others in team.
- Demonstrates good attention to detail by regularly producing carefully prepared, accurate work;
- Uses thorough and effective data gathering techniques in all aspects of the work;
- Experienced and capable presenter, both of technical and business matters.
- Presents a professional image when dealing with clients and demonstrates self confidence;
- Demonstrates confidence and understands own strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrates ambition and commitment for self development and promotion;
- Makes things happen through others;
- Manages own time and exercises good commercial judgement to maximise fee earning potential
- Team Player
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded Consultancy in the Real Estate sector. Our client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. In addition, they offer a positive and supportive working environment and will provide coaching to ensure you achieve your career objectives. Apply Now!
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or email@example.com