I’m currently working with a Local Authority in Leicestershire who are looking for a Planning Policy Officer to join them on an initial 3 month contract. My client is willing to negotiate on pay rates for the right candidate and the role will be 100% remote working with potential site visits.
Duties will include:
- Leading on researching evidence and data analysis.
- Drafting policy documents.
- Carrying out and analysing the results of public consultation.
- Carrying out sustainability appraisal work.
- Drafting proposals to release land from the greenbelt.
- Leading on community and stakeholder consultation at certain stages of the strategic planning process, including processing and assessing consultation responses.
- Providing advice to Development Management officers, other Council services, elected Members, stakeholders and residents on a range of planning policy matters and technical areas.
You will ideally hold a degree relative to Town Planning and will have 1-2 years worth of experience working in a Policy team in a Local Authority.
The role is inside of IR35 and the client is looking for the potential candidate to start as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or email me your CV.
Still not sure? Feel free to give Chloe a call on 02077669075 to discuss this role in more detail or chat about other opportunities Oyster have on.