One of the home counties largest councils has an urgent requirement for a Senior Planner.
This council is looking for a highly experienced Development Control Planner to join the team and work on a mixed caseload of minor to major applications entailing house holder, residential and mixed-use applications. The council have expressed they have a number of very interesting mixed-use and residential schemes for this planner to work on comprising of residential schemes up to approx. 100 units upwards (major applications).
Duties will include;
- Managing a caseload of minor to major planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Attending site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Contract duration: 3 months on a rolling basis (likely to roll on for 9-12 month minimum)
Candidate Pay rate: £43 -£45.00 per hour Umbrella Co
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Senior/ Principal Planning in UK Planning Sector.
You will have an aptitude for processing a mixed caseload of minor to major applications with good communication and report writing skills.
For further details please contact Elliot Miles at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5261 or email email@example.com