Part Time – 24 hours per week
Monday to Wednesday
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planning Sustainability Officer to join Mansfield District Council. Having recently adopted the Local Plan the role will be key in supporting the delivery of the key major development sites using your specialist knowledge of biodiversity and greenspace issues.
You will take the lead in preparing Supplementary Planning Documents including the Green Infrastructure and Biodiversity SPD to support the delivery of the Local Plan policies, and have a key role to play in the preparation of other key documents such as the Town Centre Masterplan and funding bids.
The Sustainability officer role is a part time role within the Planning Policy team. Candidates will be expected to have experience of working with a wide range of partners in relation to climate change and related issues and have the ability to develop policy options in relation to climate change, ecology and green infrastructure.
You will also have:
- Hold a relevant degree in relation to Planning/ Environmental or Sustainability Studies
- Experience of environmental works
- A knowledge of planning issues and the operation of Local Government
- A high level of self-motivation and self-discipline
- Flexibility of approach to a wide range of tasks
- A flexible approach to working hours and be available to attend evening meetings and work on events which may involve evening and weekend working
- The ability to travel throughout the district to carry out site visits
In return, the Council offers a generous annual leave entitlement and flexible working hours together with payment of professional fees and excellent employee benefits