Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be working with a dynamic and experienced property team on the hire of an Assistant Urban Designer. The team is charged with driving the development of its significant land holdings and helping to deliver regeneration through its strategic sites.
You will join a small specialist team and deliver economic and social value from its development sites whilst working with the Local Authority on a range of projects principally linked to growth.
Our client has a significant pipeline of development transactions and growing business confidence is driving expansion and they are keen to appoint additional key members to the team to assist in the delivery of development solutions and enhance the urban design and placemaking credentials.
Supporting the Special Projects Director and wider team the post holder will play a large part in supporting place-led projects that support the delivery of the company's Business Plan engaging with both the private and public sector, as well as third party organisations to progress development opportunities.
The role incorporates a broad range of activities such as, preparation of development briefs, providing support in the project management of land disposals, liaising with external consultants and internal service teams,Key Objectives
- Support project work as allocated by the Special Projects Director.
- Support project leads in the assessment of future opportunities from a strategic urban design and placemaking perspective.
- Assist in the appointment, coordination and management of advisers and consultants as required to support projects.
- To engage with stakeholders as required. This could include the private, public and third-party organisations that support end-users, developers and investors. Consulting and collaborating to ensure a joined-up approach to proposals.
- Support project leads in the preparation of Development Briefs and Planning Applications including agreement of key development principles
- To aid and facilitate the company's role as a strategic advisor to its client, particularly in respect of placemaking objectives.
- To aid and facilitate the preparation of online and printed marketing materials where appropriate.
- Support the delivery of agreed development principles on the company's site disposal projects.
Urban Designers, ideally from a clientside or Local Authority background. You should be professionally qualified holding an Urban Design, or related degree with practical experience of working within a planning and development, urban design or placemaking discipline.
This role will attract a salary of up to £30,000pa plus LGPS pension, 25 days annual leave (Plus BH's) and an excellent working environment. What next?
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to speak with suitable Urban Designers asap so please express your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or email@example.com