This is a temporary maternity cover post. We are looking for a customer focussed, enthusiastic, organised and solution focused individual. You will lead a busy planning registration team that plays a vital role in the current excellent performance of two local planning authorities with regard to the determination of planning applications within statutory timeframes. You’ll have the skills and knowledge to help us improve even further.
You will manage a large and busy team ensuring the day to day running of the service and the delivery of a wide range of performance and customer service targets. You will play a key part in ensuring a team culture of quality service delivery and a customer service focus is maintained and developed.
Registration Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage and motivate the team with strong performance management whilst focussing on both team and individual performance and development
- Working with the head of service, line manager and team, to set and review targets in line with corporate and service aims and objectives and to monitor the performance of the registration team against such targets
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvements relating to the registration service, including working with service users to improve the quality of submissions and deliver on improvements.
- To encourage and motivate team members to provide creative input for improvements
- Ensure planning applications are properly assessed, and where complete, registered within a maximum of three days and work towards reducing this further
- Ensure that all applicants are notified where their applications are deemed incomplete, making it clear what needs to be done to validate their submissions, and where such information is not forthcoming within 28 days of submission, returning the incomplete applications to applicants and issuing refunds
- Effectively work with agents to reduce the number of invalid applications
Registration Team Leader Requirements:
- Educated to HND level or equivalent level, or experience
- Minimum grade C in Maths and English language or equivalent level, or level of experience.
Your essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Advanced level of oral and written communication skills
- Strong level of numeracy skills
- Strong level of computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Experience of performance management and developing staff including one to one meetings, performance reviews and development plans
- Detailed knowledge of planning process and procedures, including appeals and enforcement
- Strong knowledge of planning application validation procedure
- Experience in using printers and scanners including large scale documents
- Detailed experience in operating and improving administrative systems such as Ocella
- Detailed experience in operating and seeking improvements in GIS
- Experience in working with the Planning Portal for on-line submission
- Experience in working with electronic checking/measuring tools such as Foxit
About the councils:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Salary: £37,185 per annum
Duration of role: Temporary, 12 to 14 months
Hours per week: 37 hours
Location: Milton Park, Didcot
Closing Date: 27th April 2021
The benefits we offer:
- 24 days annual leave per annum rising to 29 days after 5 years, plus bank holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year Salary pay awards – we review salaries each April
- A generous career average pension scheme which includes life insurance of three times your salary
- No car park costs as there’s ample free parking available
- The opportunity to purchase a bike through the tax efficient Cyclescheme
- A salary sacrifice car lease scheme – a fully inclusive driving package for a fixed monthly cost
- Various schemes to keep you healthy (reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more)
- We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
Under Government guidelines, many of our employees are being asked to undertake their roles from home. This will be discussed in more detail during this roles interview process where required.
You may have experience of the following: Planning Officer, Local Authority, Policy, Town Planning, Council, Planner, Town Planner, Legislation, RTPI, Neighbourhood Development, Office Assistant, Administrator, Administration, Building Control, Registration Team Leader, Team Leader, Supervisor, Planning Supervisor, etc.