I am currently working exclusively with a Local Authority in the Midlands who are looking for a CIL Officer on a 6 month initial contract. The role can be offered on a fully remote basis however occasional office presence would be preferable. The authority are looking to interview next week with an immediate start date.
MAIN ACTIVITIES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To determine whether developments are CIL liable and to calculate the relevant CIL charge in line with current legislation and adopted Council policies.
- To administer CIL in line with legislative requirements (which includes checking detailed calculations) to issue Liability and Demand Notices to liable parties and to determine requests for review or relief. (Values of chargeable development can range from minimum E50 to millions of pounds).
- To develop, maintain and co-ordinate the provision of a monitoring and delivery infrastructure framework for CIL to support the Authority.
- To assist with colleagues in the Planning, Legal and Regeneration & Investment departments in respect of the future imposition of planning obligations in co-ordination with the operation of CIL.
- To prepare detailed evidence for challenges and appeals to act as the Councils expert witness and to put forward the Council case for the charging of CIL for development and the calculation of the charged levy amount issued in accordance with legislation.
- To interpret current and proposed legislation to provide training and updates for planning officers and others (internal and external customers).
- To provide statistical data and monitoring information in relation to CIL, (its collection and administrative procedures) for statutory reporting obligations.
- To provide advice to the Council's customer on all CIL related matters and to justify the Council policies regarding CIL charges for development in Bassetlaw.
- To respond to requests from other departments. Corporate Management Team, Councillors and members of the public and external bodies for monitoring information relating to CIL including assisting in the units responses to Freedom of Information Requests.
- To produce CIL committee reports and ensure appropriate attendance and advice to committee as necessary.
- To assist with the proper handling of complaints about the service in line with corporate priorities and professional standards.
- To carry out such other reasonable duties and functions as necessary by Planning Services.
If you are interested please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01614137290 and ask for Conner!