Penguin Recruitment is pleased to be working with an impressive, national property consultancy on the hire of a Senior Planner to their office in Birmingham.
Our client is interested in meeting highly dynamic, collaborative and curious individuals who have ideas aplenty and are not afraid to share them!
Your clients vary and can include developers, investors, landowners, housebuilders and the public sector. You will help to appraise, plan, negotiate and deliver complex mixed-use development and regeneration projects - both big and small.Main tasks
- To manage instructions within the existing portfolio and relationships with clients and others in the local planning and property market.
- To prepare reports and statements, as required, to support the work of the team.
- To identify and support on major bids for work.
- To understand, appreciate and satisfy financial performance targets.
- To continually strive to improve working practices and client service delivery for the whole team;
- To provide an informed view on national developments and trends in Planning;
- To monitor and ensure effective and efficient coordination of internal resources to deliver project results for our clients;
- To liaise (where appropriate) with other teams, particularly in relation to the Planning, and Development Consultancy Division.
- To represent the company and the full range of property-related services available to clients.
- To contribute to the business development of the wider team.
- Degree educated with relevant post degree experience of between two to five years professional experience;
- Chartered (MRTPI).
- Able to develop business planning skills including fee forecasting and fee proposals.
- Generates new business for the Company from own efforts and through working with others.
- Communicates and converses well and is clearly understood by others in team.
- Manages own time and exercises good commercial judgement to maximise fee earning potential.
- Team Player.
- Demonstrates ambition and commitment for self-development and promotion.
- Competitive pay and bonus
- 25 days annual leave (plus up to five extra entitlement days each year, the longer you stay in post)
- Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to work scheme
- Ongoing professional development
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded Consultancy in the Property sector. For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or email@example.com